Monday, February 11, 2013

Blooming Blossoms

The cherry blossoms and Japanese magnolia buds are blooming and they are gorgeous. The rest of the neighborhood trees are barren and sad-looking this time of year, of course. But these bold trees that spend their summers green and their early winters bare dive head first into spring with their insanely luscious pink blooms. It's inspiring. It's like they're ringing the bell to announce it's time for spring.

This morning I was feeling gloomy and sedentary and stuck. Then I went for a hike. The sun and fresh air and especially the beautiful blossoms woke me up. They got my blood moving, my heart racing, and my mind back in gear so that when I got home and sat down in front of the page, the words were flowing, too.

I know if you're in a more wintery place it can be hard to remember that spring isn't too far away, especially if everything is all covered with slush. But I'm telling you, the cherry blossoms are blooming! And when that happens, you know spring can't be far away!

Here's a shot of the magnolia blooms for proof ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment